Friday, February 24, 2012

A throwback to the haters?

Haters. Naysayers. Negative people. Everyone has them in their lives, and believe it or not, everyone needs them.  Those folks that make life a little "harder" because they "hate" you for what you do or who you are?  They are the reason success stories exist.  Everyone has/had someone tell them they couldn't, or they can't, or they won't.  Yet, we continually find a way to make it happen.  Here is something I wrote nearly 5 years ago, figured I'd post it here for you all. Enjoy.




Limitless

You can hate the way I live my life.
You can hate the way I deal with my strife
You can hate that I’m better than the best
But, just remember—it’s always been me helping you pass life’s test.

It’s hard to understand why people do what they do
You would think that, along with their bodies, their minds also grew
People will envy those with any semblance of success
Because they themselves know their own lives are a mess

Pressure is nothing but barometric change
No number on it is ever out of my range
I’ll take the weight of the world off your shoulders; I’ll pick up the slack
I’ll take the weight and put it right above the target you put on my back
  

This poem is dedicated to anyone and everyone who has been criticized for being better, being right, or being themselves.  Keep your character, even if others do not.  Life will test you, but above all else, if you believe in your abilities, there is no limit to what is possible.  

--AR


P.S. Here is a bonus video for ya:



1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this - the bonus video rang true and is a great reminder to all of us to have the courage to believe in ourselves. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete